Friday 8 October 2010

OK, go on then, I'll have another crack!!!!

I signed up today for IMUK 2011. after weeks and weeks of going one way then the other something finally clicked and i decided i needed to beat this thing.
After the 'glory' of Berlin i felt a little deflated...so it led me to reflect on my first full season in triathlon and i realised i'd done pretty well.

1 half marathon, 2 OD triathlons, and one of the worlds major marathons is not a bad season really...not to mention the 126 miles of Ironman i did complete...but its still tinged with the disappointment at not having the m-dot medal!!!

So i got to thinking about training again, and possible goals for next year...and i made this list without even thinking about it.

April, Conniston Half marathon
May, Edinburgh Marathon
June, Liverpool OD
July, Cowman Half Ironman
July, Ironman UK
September, Berlin Marathon

without realising i'd put IMUK, i hadn't thought about it...but subconsciously i had already decided i was going to do it....and writing the list got me a bit up for it. so i had a chat with myself, went to the website, went through the registration...then stopped....at the pay now page...and tried to talk myself out of it.....could i commit that kind of time again, would my shoulder hold up...would i rather just get old and fat, would i rather just ride my new Fireblade???
Fact is, nothing could make me close the page...i didn't need to think about it any more....i WANT to be an Ironman....and i know i can do it...so without thinking any more, i entered my card...and pressed enter now!!! no turning back now (not strictly true, i can pull out up to April.lol)

I'm going to concentrate on my running for a few weeks as i have previously said, then start my training properly in January...this time i wont miss the long runs and rides....and coupled with the schedule above, plus knowing what i'm in for this time...i'm a lot more confident i can get to the end in time.....


this time, I'm going to make it happen!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well done that man! Ironman still seems like such a long way of for me - 70.3 is a definite next year though ;o) and maybe a marathon? Like you I'm gonna work on my runnning over winter, got Conwy and Liverpool half marathons booked already - Conwy will be my first ever half marathon next month!

    ReplyDelete