Tuesday 27 July 2010

THIS IS IT

Ironman week is really here....Its really the 1st of August (how did it come so soon)on Sunday and at 5.59am i'll be in the water floating around laughing nervously waiting for the cannon to go off so i can start my 140 mile journey to become an Ironman.
To say i feel under prepared is the understatement of the year. In fact i honestly feel i've got as much chance of winning it as i have of just finishing it but people tell me its natural to feel this way and all you can do is try your best and try to keep moving.
Last weekend was Ironman Switzerland and quite a few BCTTT members took part, and i'm happy to say every one of them finished it with times ranging from 10 hours to 15.....so no pressure on us IMUK boys to keep up eh....not half.
While i feel somewhat inspired by their efforts it brought home to me just what a mammoth task this is. just me Vs the course with nothing to think about but how much its hurting for between 14-17 hours.

As you can tell i'm nervous about this whole thing, i really cant believe its here and i'm going to have a go at it.

so....finish or not i'll write a race report then publish to this blog for the last time...i've got all my excuses (if i dont finish) ready as well as all my overcoming adversity (if i do)tales.
I'm sure all my friends and family cant wait for it to be over as much as me as they are sick of me talking about it..in fact what are we going to talk about once its over?? (IMCH maybe....oops...hope cat doesnt read this)

so come on....eat, drink, breathe, move, eat, drink, breathe, move..and come the end of my day on sunday maybe......just maybe....i'll hear.
.
.
.
.
Andrew Butler.....YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment